среда, 21 марта 2012 г.

READING COMPREHENSION EXERCISES

Ex. 4
model 1
1. What he longed was the title of a champion.
2. What he was afraid was being talked to death by his wife.
3. What the doctor was concerned was the patient‘s suicidal tendencies.
model 2
1. Little did we suspected what he was involved in .
2. Little did she know what made him lose his temper.
3. Little did we understand why she was so annoyed.
4. Little did we see the point of his coming here.

Ex. 5
1. What he really lacked was sense of harmony.
2. What I was most amazed with Jane, was her composure.
3. What he really lacked was knowledge on the history of this country.
4. I will say this for her, she was uncommonly hard-working .
5. I will say this for him, he made every effort to acquire the Spanish language.
6. I will say this for her, she care for her relatives‘ wellbeing.
7. I will say this for him, he can speak to any European his native language.
8. Little did I realize, what he meant.
9. Little did he suppose, what she wanted.
10. Little did she guess, how all this would end.

Ex. 9
1. Who come first at the race?
2. This information on the situation is up to date.
3. His illness dates back to that awful accident he was involved in.
4. Teachers are always complaining that many of their pupils are ill-mannered .
5. Once she'd started eating junk food she became addicted to it.
6. The new one-pound coin came into being in 1984.

Ex. 12
1. When I need to make a decision, the family always comes first, and career comes second.
2. They use up to date equipment and computers.
3. This manuscript comes into existence in XIII century.
4. The teachers in Great Britain complain of being ill-paid and ill-treated.
5. Unfortunately, you are ill-informed.
6. At first he was sure that he could drop smoking as soon as he want, but then realized that he became addicted to cigarettes.
7. The law came into usage t in 1976.
8. I can‘t sew, for that matter I can‘t knit.

1 комментарий:

  1. Dear Yulia,
    pay attention to the use of the verbs with the prepositions (Ex. 4) and look it over to correct mistakes.
    Also mind "she care+s)

    ОтветитьУдалить